Illinois Holstein Secretary Position Opening
Illinois Holstein Association (IHA) is seeking a motivated individual to serve as Secretary. This position is a home-based, part-time position. Candidate must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Attending all Executive Board and Board of Directors meetings, recording minutes of such meetings and distributing copies of minutes to the proper parties.
- Keeping a record of membership and membership fees.
- Serving as a “clearing house” for correspondence, bills and day-to-day activities for IHA.
- Performing duties required for the committees of IHA such as mailings and other such duties as dictated by IHA.
- Be responsible for the care and safekeeping of the IHA equipment.
- Handling all tasks required within the minutes of the meetings and other such duties as dictated by IHA.
- Report any committee not performing the duties of that committee.
- Assist the Treasurer with clerking the Illini Golden Opportunity Sale, Illini Futures Sale and, if requested, the PDCA Calf Sale. Ensure all registration transfers from those sales are sent to Holstein USA.
- Attend the following functions:
- January – Committee & Board Meetings (2 days)
- February – Illini Futures Sale & Annual Meeting (2 days)
- April or October – Board Meeting & Illini Golden Opportunity Sale (2 days)
- June – Board Meeting (1 day)
- July – Illinois State Show (2 days)
Position is salary based with a travel allowance.
Send resume including references to Jason Oertel, IHA President email@example.com by October 23, 2017.